I love tacos, maybe more than any other food, and these chicken tacos get eaten quite often in my house. You can use a cup of salsa instead of the whole veggies, or even a cup of fresh Pico de Gallo. Use prepackaged taco seasoning or make your own!
If I’ve got the time, I will make this in the slow cooker on high for about three and a half hours (you don’t need the extra broth if you go that route.) It is delicious and falls apart right out of the instant pot, but for an added bit of decadent texture, spread chicken on a sheet pan and toss it under your broiler on high for about 5 mins to crisp up and brown the edges before you put it back into the Instant Pot to stir with the sauce.
I like mine topped with lots of cheese, shredded lettuce, pico de Gallo, guacamole, sour cream, and a little extra cilantro.
How do you top your tacos?
Instant Pot chicken tacos
- 1 Instant Pot
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 TBS taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Add all ingredients to IP then press "poultry" and set for 12 mins (15 if frozen)
- Quick release when finished
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks
- (Optional) Place under broiler for 5 mins to crisp edges
- Mix shredded chicken back in with sauce in IP
- Serve and top as desired!
Have you subscribed to the Love Yourself! newsletter yet?