For the first month of Love Yourself, I thought it was best to start with the foundation of loving yourself – self-care. It’s a struggle a lot of us have, not spending the time and positive energy on ourselves that we deserve. It is important to try and make caring for yourself a habit, something natural that you just do without much thought. I want to reach that point. So I am starting here. The common misconception is that it takes 21 days to build a habit. In actuality, it can take much longer to develop such a complex habit as self-care. But fuck it, let’s spend 21 days doing some nice shit for ourselves every day and see where we end up. You in?
To participate, grab the Love Yourself badge and slap it on your post with a link back to this post, then drop the link to your post down here in this linky party deal. Make sense? Your post doesn’t have to be related to the habit challenge. I just want this space to be for photos, stories, sexiness that is about self-love, self-acceptance and self-esteem. Whether it’s an essay about your struggle to get there, an image that makes you feel hot as fuck, or a poem about your shit sense of self, I’d love for you to share it here. January’s prompt will be open all month, so feel free to participate as many times as you’d like!
Love Yourself Rules and Guidelines
- No depictions of illegal activity in submissions (i.e. rape, pedophilia, bestiality);
- Consensual non-consent is okay if consent is explicitly stated;
- Please make sure to visit and support other contributors.
- Absolutely no shaming or bigotry tolerated.
- Topic is never mandatory, I just want you to share your brilliance.
- Since the link-up is open all month, link in as many times as you’d like and can combine with other memes as well!
Nikki is a photographer, writer, and general creator of things. She writes about mental health, sex, and relationships.